When most people think of New York, they automatically think of Manhattan, The Bronx, or Queens. Staten Island is without a doubt one of the boroughs that often gets overlooked. With all the negative stereotypes of the area, it is very easy to understand why most people overlook the area. However, whether you are looking for a good time or just an interesting place to visit, you would be making a terrible mistake to leave Staten Island off your list. With that being said, there are several things that you need to be aware of before making the trek to the Island and that is what you will learn below.
If you are not a local you will hear tons of people talking about “The Island.” When most outsiders hear this, they automatically think about Manhattan. However, this is not always the case. Anytime you hear a local refer to an area as “The Island”, they are almost always talking about Staten Island. So, if you are looking for directions or seeking information from a local and he or she says “The Island”, you can rest assured that they are talking about Staten Island. EZ Staten Island Landscaping
ALL THE ITALIANS BRING GREAT ITALIAN FOOD
One stereotype that is true about Staten Island is that the area is overflowing with Italians. The area is packed with a high Italian population. However, this is a good thing because the Italians are widely known for their excellent cuisine and they have really brought it to the area. Anywhere you turn in Staten Island, you will be able to get your hands on some real Italian cooking. From authentic pizza to pasta, you are going to be in for quite the treat.
RICHEST BOROUGH IN NEW YORK
While Staten Island might not be the most expensive borough in New York to live in, you might be surprised to learn that it is the richest. In fact, the average household income in Staten Island is right around $70,000 dollars, which is pretty impressive for the area.
GET READY TO PAY THE TOLL
If you find yourself traveling from Staten Island to Brooklyn or from Brooklyn to Staten Island on a daily basis, you are going to end up going broke. In fact, the bridge toll to get from Brooklyn to State Island is now $16.00. However, it should be noted that the Brooklyn and Manhattan Bridge are completely free. This could be one of the main reasons that most people try to avoid traveling to the island.
- Man, 21, in critical condition after Randall Manor wreck
- Bill Cosby tells stories at Philly jazz club in first show since sex abuse scandal
- British NY Wheel investors turn sights to Texas wheel
- Paper shouldn’t take builder’s side (letter to the editor)
- Pasaturo nets 2,000th career point in win over CCNY
- Drag Queen Bingo benefits local animal rescue
- St. John Villa notches incredible win in school’s last swim meet
- Home of ‘Boy Scout’ heroin bust displays anti-drug sign
- High School student needs 500K tweets to meet NY Mets
- Man stabbed at a Staten Island hotel
- Women’s marches around the world rally against Trump, sexual misconduct
- Government shutdown: Republicans, Democrats show no sign of ending standoff
- FDNY extinguishes car fire in Costco parking lot
- Staten Island local sports schedule
- Best of PSAL cheerleading teams: SW vs. ND
Fill Out The Form Below and receive a coupon good for a FREE Estimate on your next project…
We promise to NOT share your info with anyone.